Learning English:18052018

Today's post will be in English.
Recently, I found a new way to learn English.
It needs Blogger
Why?
Because I will want need to write a short essay (maybe? Or short diary, whatever.) about the new words or phrases I learned
I came out up with this method because I feel myself that I always forget those new vocab and phrases I learned
So it turns out I learned nothing

I've been learning English for years
If I'm not mistaken
I started from 2015
Although I'd ever stopped it in half way halfway (adv.) (n.), I still insist on and continue learning until now.

Am Have I improved? Yes.
Am Have I improved much?
I think no.
Self-learning is tough.
No others guide you, correct you.
Even though there is mistake in your writing or conversation, you can't find it, just like this post.
But I still enjoy learning English.
It kinda likes your child.
It grows up slowly, but you do see the changes.
And years later, when you look back on those small changes, they become big and you will thank yourself for persisting in learning English.

Well, 扯远了I've gotten carried away. (新用语GET!!)
This post is just an opening for my new way of learning English.
I don't know whether I will actually do it, because writing a blog that is not about my daily life is really 伤神 nerve-racking to me.
HOWEVER, it won't stop me from continuing learning new English phrases and words.

Btw, I think phrasal verb is idiomatic and colloquial.
Let's take an example,
Formal: Sorry I couldn't visit you last night.
Informal: Sorry I couldn't come by last night.
Formal: Go to the library
Informal: Hit the library
See!!!

Sourcehttp://languagelearningbase.com/93575/english-expressions-formal-informal-language-difference

One more thing: phrasal verbs sound more native to me. XD😂😂 (Personal opinion)

Okok, enough.
Today's new idiom is:
~call someone names 给某人取外号 或者 恶意中伤某人
P.S.: Not someone's, so it should be "call me/you/her/etc. names", not call "my" names. Plus, "names" must be plural, that is to say, with "s".

Lastly,
those highlighted sentences are the sentences I first attempt and I'm not sure if it's correct;
while words in red color are the answers after I searched online.
In short, it's actually just a way for me to learn English.

Have a sweet dream. Good night!😆😆


Notes:
1. will want to 会想要
2. come out: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/come-out 
3. feel myself: 感觉(emotional)很好;感觉身体(physical)正常
    ~I'm finally starting to feel like myself again after my bout with the flu.
4. insist on N. OR V+ing (外国人通常不会说 insist to V.)(可以说 insist (that) 然后写上 clause/full statement)(参考资料: https://ell.stackexchange.com/questions/46474/insist-on-vs-insist
5. Am I improved much? Am把improved变成形容词了。整句变成我是进步的吗?
6. much 可放在 verb to be 和 subject之间,但是放在have 和subject 之间就不合适 (参考资料:  https://www.englishforums.com/English/ItHasImprovedGreatlyMuch/gngnd/post.htm
Eg: It is much improved. It has improved much.
7. I've gotten carried away. (参考资料: http://m.kekenet.com/kouyu/200809/48197.shtml
8. 不确定actually do it 能不能表达“真正地去做”的意思。


Finally I finished this post!
Tbh, it took me around 2 hours.
OK, I'm gonna sleep. Bye

Comments